Thursday, June 29, 2017

Problems of His Past

It has been an interesting process having this new horse. We've been experiencing a bit of a learning curve. I haven't ever really worked with a horse like him before.

He a really spooky horse. I think that goes back to the fact that he is a rescue. The family I bought him from bought him from a kill pen two years ago. This is what he looked liked.


I am not sure how close this picture was taken to when they brought him home, but you can clearly see from this picture how much muscle he had lost. It's sad that any horse can end up like this.

Consequently, he also has some mental issues. He is very jumpy around sudden movements, and noises seem to bother him a good deal. I am unsure whether or not these are things that can be fixed. I wonder if the problems of his past will always affect his future. Do any of you have experience working with spooky rescues?

1 comment: