Friday, January 10, 2014

Challenge #4

I haven't done one of these in awhile. I really need to do them more often! But here is the fourth of the 30 Thing Horse Challenge. This one is on A horse that impacted your life. When I first read this there were 3 or 4 horses that popped into my mind as impacting me. One of them being of course my first (and current) horse Mya. Another was a pony named Tony that I had some of my first rides on. I have some fond memories of later riding him and having horse races with my brother and cousins. But the horse I want to highlight here is the horse I really learned to ride on. His name is Surprise. The lessons I had on him when I was around 8 or 9 years old were very foundational to my riding today. Surprise was always sweet and patient with me. He was the perfect horse to learn to ride on. One of the cool things about him is that he was gaited. If you've never ridden a racking horse before you really need to try it. It is so cool and different! It gives you sort of a sensation like flying. Really smooth and fast. Anyways I even got to show Surprise once. That show is one of my favorite memories. We even won 1st place. Surprise, you will always be a special horse.



1 comment:

  1. I had a pony named Tony when I was a little kid! So cool!

    Surprise is gorgeous! Sounds like he was a special horse. :D

    ReplyDelete