Friday, January 16, 2015

Kentucky Derby Star

I made a new friend last week! And I might add he's a bit of a celebrity in the horse world.

I was lucky enough to get the chance to meet the winner of the 2011 Kentucky Derby!

Meet Animal Kingdom!

The great Animal Kingdom!

Every now and then I get the opportunity to attend various events and my personal favorites are the ones that have to do with horses. So I was naturally thrilled when I got the chance to visit this stud farm. Animal Kingdom wasn't the only famous stallion I met there, but he was certainly my favorite. (Discreet Cat and Street Sense are two others names I can think of that were present.) But, wow. All the horses were absolutely amazing and gorgeous! I was seriously fangirling.Way too much awesomeness going on.



But needless to say I was very excited when I heard that this horse was going to be there because he is one of the few racehorses that I actually knew my name. I remember watching the Derby on tv the year he won.



I'm not a huge racing fan or anything. I'll watch the Triple Crown once a year and thats about it. But I do love OTTBs, and its on my bucket list to own an ex-racehorse and retrain it. I think they are super talented animals.



So, ya, I have to say this was a pretty cool experience. 


4 comments:

  1. Wow awesome! I love OTTBs and enjoy watching the Triple Crown, the only racing watch. I too want to train an OTTB and maybe meet a great racehorse someday too. California Crown would be nice to meet!

    ReplyDelete