Tuesday, September 24, 2013

     You may or may not know but for like months I've been trying to find a decent place to take riding lessons. I'm really wanting to learn to jump and ride english "properly" so I've been searching for a lesson barn. The first or second one I went to the teacher was nice but then I saw the horses and was like whoa. No. They were ill cared for and super skinny. Needless to say I didn't go back to that place. I also visited this other barn that had this huge Frisian horse. Absolutely gorgeous. But they mainly did saddle seat and no jumping. So didn't go back there. So I almost gave up but then my mom was like "Come on, lets try one more". (the 5th to be exact) So last Friday me and a friend went to visit this stable I'd found on the internet. When we got there the first thing I noticed (besides having a nice driveway) was the horses were all really well taken care of. So to make a long story short I liked it. And I went back for my first lesson, it was sort of an evaluation lesson. I liked the teacher and I think I'm going to continue taking lessons there.  First english lesson I've ever had. Pictures!

 
 
 
 
And no blog post would be complete without a picture of my mare. Mya has an abscess in her front foot several weeks ago. So she hasn't been ridden recently, but its cleared up now. If the weather holds I'll be riding her tomorrow. I made a short video of her. Mainly to see if she's still footsore.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment