Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Eve Adventure

For starters, a late Merry Christmas to everyone! This year we traveled south to spend Christmas with family. While we were there I got the chance to go horseback riding at this stable.. I was kinda nervous before I got there. I hadn't ridden at this place in 2 or 3 years. When we got there my two cousins rode western but the instructor asked me which discipline I would prefer so I went with English. She put me on a gelding named Chris. Chris is a bay like Mya and he is also an Arabian. At first I had a little trouble on having my balance and being centered in the saddle while doing a rising trot. The terrain was uneven and I was riding a horse I'd never ridden before so it was difficult at first. But I got the hang of it eventually. Chris was a gorgeous horse to ride. I really had a fun time. I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

^ Chris is the middle horse.
 
Sadly I didn't know that I was going to ride while on vacation so I didn't take any of my riding boots.
Now that Chris is all hot and sweaty, he gets hosed off.
 
^This is the horse my cousin rode. His name is Vic.

1 comment: