Sunday, December 15, 2013

No stirrups!

    
     My last riding lesson went really well. It was difficult yet fun. I rode Night again. She is now officially my regular lesson horse. Night reminds in many ways of Mya. So that works out pretty well. I am loving learning how to ride English. To me it seems to be a lot more brainwork (which I love) and it is very elegant. I also think English is more natural in some ways to the horse. But anyways I am really enjoying it. This last lesson we worked a little on collection and bending, and then I had my first lesson on posting without stirrups. I've ridden bareback several times but I had never ridden in an English saddle without stirrups. Needless to say it took me a bit to get used to it. But eventually I got the hang of it. It really helps to improve your balance.

Pony looking fancy.

No stirrups!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment