Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Winter Riding

     I have really been trying to work with Mya a lot lately. I want to get her in shape. The plan is to take her to a few local shows this summer. I want to compete in the English divisions. Now my goal isn't to win. No, our goal is to just get through a class without something crazy happening. I have never showed her before so I have not idea what will happen. So, yes, that is why we are really practicing. (even if it has been freezing cold) We've been doing a lot of pole work and things like bending. I think Mya has improved a lot. She seems like a much more willing horse now, and not nearly as crazy as she has been sometimes. (she really only gets crazy when she hasn't been ridden in over 3 weeks) Regular riding has turned her into a great English mount.



No comments:

Post a Comment