Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Trail Ride in the Rockies

     Colorado. One of the most gorgeous places in the USA. You can't beat those soaring mountains and jaw-dropping cliffs. I was lucky enough to be able to visit Colorado again this summer, and like last summer I had my eye on another trail ride. We weren't out looking for a riding stable (actually we were looking for a ghost town, but that's another story), but we happened to be driving down this dirt road (yes, a dirt road) when we saw some people out riding horses. A little further on we came across the stable they were from and what do you know there was a sign out front that offered trail rides! Of course we had to stop and check it out. The people were super friendly and the horses were nice looking so we decided to sign up for a ride.

     I made a couple of new friends that day. The first was the horse I rode. He was a pretty appaloosa gelding named Cricket. We got along just fine, Cricket and I.
Monsieur Cricket
      The second was the lady that took us out to the trails. She was super nice and had actually just moved to Colorado the month before. She told me that she was an english rider who trained horses, taught lessons, and specialized in dressage. When I told her about what I did and the horses I owned she was really encouraging. I really appreciated that.

     The ride itself was absolutely gorgeous. From breathtaking views of the mountains to a forest that looked like something out of a fairytale it was amazing. I enjoyed every minute of it.

1 comment: