Thursday, April 21, 2016

Back to Taking Lessons Again

Its been a good long while since I've taken riding lessons.

Actually, its been a good long while since I've even ridden.

But I figured it was time to get back in the saddle again.

I did a little internet research and decided on a new barn to try out. And after visiting and meeting the various peoples and horses, I decided I like the place! I decided to come back a week later for my first lesson.

In that first lesson it was pretty much an evaluation to see where I was. I rode a darling of a horse. A 1994 Warmblood mare named Tara. She was honestly so good she made me look good. A little too good actually. I ended up looking like I knew more about proper riding than I actually did. Woops. But an all together wonderful horse.


For my second lesson the trainer had me ride a different horse, and a little bit more of a horse than I'm used to. Ya... We actually couldn't get a trot, it was all walk to canter. That lesson was honestly a complete fail on my part. But, hey, what can you expect when I really haven't ridden in over a year?

The third lesson which was this past Tuesday, I rode the same horse. He's a quarter horse gelding named Dude. This lesson went a lot better. We actually managed a trot by the end, though we still did have several wild canters before we got there... But we did end on a good note this time.


At this point I don't really know where this is going to take me. Its been so long since I've really done anything like this. I haven't had a decent horse to work with going on close to two years. I currently feel really behind on everything, and I kind of feel like I've failed the horse world. But I've decided to give it one last shot this summer. So we'll see where that takes me.

And if anyone is wondering, Lady is happy as can be. Pretty much permanently only pasture sound. But she spends her days in the field and is a happy pony. 


No comments:

Post a Comment