Sunday, May 1, 2016

Anna: New Lesson Horse

I had another lesson on Tuesday, and this time I rode a different horse that I had never ridden before. I got along a lot better with this mare than I did with the other gelding I had ridden. I think I've come to the conclusion that I just like riding mares better!

This mare's name is Anna. She's around 14.2hh I think and is in her late teens. She had the most adorable trot! Seeing as I had never ridden her before I thought our ride went really well. I was told she didn't listen to riders very well and liked to cut corners, but I thought we actually communicated pretty good together.

We mostly just did trot work, stirrup-less work, a little experimenting with two-point, and those annoying posting trot exercises...




I enjoyed riding this mare. This lesson went a lot better than the one before. So I actually felt like I accomplished something. Hoping I'll get to ride her again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment