Friday, February 8, 2013

The Horse

The name of the horse was Mya... And boy she did not look good. Kinda scrawny and really thin. "Free". Thats what the lady said. Well okay guess you can't really haggle on that price. So she came home with me. One eye-sore, hungry, 12 year old mare. And she was mine. My first horse ever. (February of 2012)

 
First night at her new home and she running around like crazy. I reckon she was a little bit scared. New place. New people. But food. She saw food. Blessed food! Maybe this wasn't gonna be such a bad place after all. I just watched her. I had no clue what so ever what she was like. Could I even ride her? I guess I'd find out soon enough...
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Poor Mya...an innocent victim of hard times. And she was rescued by an angel. You and Mya will have a lot of 'firsts' together. Hugs to you for taking her home with you. :-)

    Karen and Tripp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Dear mare!
    Mya, will settle..and after getting a worm count and float, the groceries will be well received! She looks to be ill managed by the former owner. I am so happy you found her and will love on her!

    When I got mine 6 years ago, she ran and ran and ran all night long,and into the week- I was told by my Private barn owner. She had 3 other geldings right next to her, but she was upset with the changes in life. She, being a TB mare, says most of it too!
    KK and Wa mare~

    ReplyDelete