Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Introducing Night


So before my last lesson I was really excited because I might get to ride a new horse. I had gotten to briefly meet her the week before and she looked like a great little mare. So I was really hoping I would get to ride her. When I got to the stable my trainer told me that I would indeed get to ride the new horse, and if I liked her I could keep her as my regular lesson horse! I was told she is an Anglo-Arabian mare, and her name is Night Actually I think she is the smallest horse I've ever ridden. Which was pretty cool I think our sizes actually fit each other. (I'm pretty small) So ofcourse our lesson started out with me grooming her and tacking her up. It was nice not to have to use all the extra riser pads like I had to on Desi. She did really well on saddling and bitting. It was kinda a rainy day so I decide to ride in the covered arena. I actually think I like the indoor arena better anyway. We started out by warming up at a walk and just getting to know eachother. Night is pretty responsive and sensitive much like my own horse Mya is. I think Night and Mya actually have several things in common. They're both sensitive, alert, and have spunky personalities. Though Mya is definitely more spirited. (but more on that another day) Anyways Night's trot threw me off at first. It was so different feeling than Desi's! But once I got used to it and got in a rhythm I loved it.  We worked a lot on moving off leg pressure and bending. When all said and done I think it was a good lesson. I really liked Night and I am going to continue riding her. Now my goal is to apply what I have learned in lessons to my riding at home on Mya. I think Mya will be a very good English mount once we have practiced a lot.

 
 


Happy Thanksgiving!



3 comments:

  1. Neat! I'm glad you liked Night. So, you're going to ride her again next in your lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! She is going to be my lesson horse now. She's a lot of fun to ride.

    ReplyDelete