Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pony Rides

What does one do when you have a skunk in your stable?

I have no idea.

I dislike like skunks. That was slightly an understatement. There is only one animal in the world that I absolutely despise, and that would be a skunk. I would much rather see a mouse or a snake. Skunks, uh no. Luckily the thing left the premises. I decided to put some moth balls in my tack room just to make sure it won't come back. I have no desire to see that guy again...

In other news Lady is becoming quite popular. This past week because it was the 4th of July I had a lot of family in town. Several of my little cousins were begging their parents to come over and see my horses. I said that would be fine and I would give them pony rides on Lady. They absolutely adored her, and Lady was such a sweetheart. She seemed to really enjoy letting them ride her. She acted happy and content. It was very cute.


A fun little fact is that when I bought my western saddle awhile back it came with a pair of kids stirrups. The kind that just fit over the saddle horn. I hadn't ever used them before, but I was able to put them to good use this time. They worked good and helped the kids to feel more secure in the saddle. A great bonus!

1 comment: