Monday, June 16, 2014

My Mares

     I have to admit I had my doubts about Lady in the beginning. She seemed jumpy when I first got her. But I think all she needed was a job and a purpose. Since she's settled in here, she has become a sweet and nice horse. Yesterday I went out to the field to catch her and ended up deciding just to ride her around the pasture bareback. Even though she just had a halter on she behaved, well, like a little lady. She was a lot of fun to ride bareback. I think I'm going to like this horse a lot.
     Mya also got a workout last night. I am trying to build her muscle up so that she can do more under saddle. So last night I had her working in the round pen. We started out by warming up at the walk, trot, and then the canter. (Did I mention this horse loves to canter?) Then I added a couple a poles for her to go over. She passed those with flying colors. (and she was practically flying) I then decided to add a small cross rail jump. It took her a little bit to get the concept of it. She hasn't jumped in awhile. At the start she just knocked the poles down most of the time. But by the end I got a nice jump over the cross rail from her. I was happy with it so we ended the lesson there. All together I think Mya did pretty well and she got a good workout.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment