Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Good and The Bad

     I guess horse ownership has its ups and downs. Honestly, at the moment I'm pretty frustrated. Lady is pretty lame right now. Its frustrating because I have down so much in the way of hoof care for my horses and yet both of them have gone lame in the past month. At least Mya is doing better now. But Lady is really sore on her left front hoof. I think she have a stone bruise, which might have turned into an abscess. My farrier recommended soaking her hoof in warm water with epsom salts so that is what I did. She is so sore she didn't even want to move around her pasture so I put her up in the corral/paddock area (where the stall is) and gave her some hay. At least she's happy about hay. When I left she was happily munching away. I just wish she wasn't lame in the first place, and its not from lack of trying on my part. At this point I am pretty sick of hoof care. Next horse I buy is going to have perfect feet. I love my horses dearly but I just wish they didn't have so many problems with their hooves.


No comments:

Post a Comment