Monday, May 19, 2014

1st Ride!

     Lady got her first ride today! Well her first ride since I've had her. She's obviously been ridden before. I wasn't sure how she would react. I hadn't seen her ridden before. But she did great. Lady was a pro. Saddling was no problem at all. The amusing part was when I put the bosal she came with on her. It was a little big. It was almost falling off her nose. She seems to have a smaller head than the typical horse. But it'll have to work until I order the bit I want for her. I prefer to ride with a bit. I just don't really like the way this bosal pulls on her face and nose. I can see where it has rubbed some of her hair off in the past. So I will definitely be seeing how she responds to a snaffle bit. For you first ride I didn't ride her for very long. We just did a couple of laps around the small pasture. I was pleasantly surprised. She seems to be a easy going but fun horse to ride. I can't wait to take her out for a trail ride. Maybe we'll try that later in the week. But first her next step of training is to introduce her to Mya. I'm anxious to see how they will get along. I hope they like each other because I really want to take the two of them on a trail ride together..

Isn't she cute with her tack on?



5 comments:

  1. Awwwwh she is adorable with her tack! And without of course. ;D Awesome that your first ride on her went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great first ride! Be careful with bosals and hackamore's that fit too loose, they can cause a lot of discomfort. If you don't plan on showing anywhere that you HAVE to use a bit, I'd recommend a mechanical hackamore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're wanting a mild bit, try a rubber snaffle :) That's wiz's favorite bit. I know a lot of people are into the bit-less thing, but honestly the hackamore and bosals can be just as painful because some of the most sensitive nerves are on the horse's face. (Also, that one does look big!) Just experiment until you find what works for you guys :) She's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of bit-less either. I personally think a mild bit might be the better way to go with her. I'll have to see if I can find a rubber snaffle like you suggested. That sounds like a pretty gentle alternative.

      Delete
  4. She is absolutely adorable!!! :D She really does look cute with her saddle....

    ReplyDelete