Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Package for the Ponies

     There is nothing quite like getting a package in the mail. Surely I'm not the only one who gets excited when they see that brown box sitting on your porch. Some one should give the postal service an award for delivering excitement everywhere they go. lol. Anyways, Since I got another horse I needed to order some stuff. With my horses I prefer that each horse has its own set of brushes. I had most of the brushes I needed. I'd been buying Mya new brushes, so Lady could have her old set. But they're were still a couple I needed.
     But first I can't order horse stuff without getting something for Mya. She's my girl, right? Ya, I probably spoil her a little. She deserves it though. Mya is a sweetheart for putting up with me. Love that horse. Anyways, I've been upgrading her brushes. I've been wanting one of the Oster curry combs. I've used that type before at my lesson barn and I really liked them. So I ordered her one of those and while I was at it I saw the soft brush of the same brand. Mya could really use a bigger soft brush so I went ahead and got one of those too.

     I think hoof picks have a way of either destroying themselves or vanishing. Hoof picks are just magical like that. (its a good thing they're cheap though!) Thus Lady needed a new one. The other brush Lady needed was a mane and tail brush. A couple of months ago I got one of the real kind for Mya, and I absolutely love it. No more combs for us! Seriously the things are amazing. Why did I not buy one before? So Mya has one but Lady needed one too. That's probably the thing I'm most excited about for Lady. I don't know why but I seriously love the things.

     Lady also needed a grooming box or tote to put all her brushes in. Oddly enough I couldn't find one at Wal-Mart. I saw a tote on this website where I ordered all this stuff. Figured I'd just order that one while I was at it. I think it will work just fine.

    
     I've talked about it before in previous posts, but when I got Lady she came with a bosal/hackamore. That is what the previous owners had ridden her in. Well I tried the bosal on her and it was just too big. It had also rubbed some of the hair off her nose. I decided to get her a snaffle bit instead. I ordered her a really gentle one just to see how she'll take it. I don't think she's had a bit in her mouth for several years.

     Now I'm just hoping it will stop raining and I get get back out to playing with my ponies. Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, getting packages is like the most exciting thing in the world! And I love the blog re-design :)

    ReplyDelete