Monday, May 12, 2014

Its Showtime!

I've been meaning to write up this post for a week, but until now I just hadn't gotten around to it. So here goes it.. :D
Like the title suggests I went to a show. Yep, a horse show. And not just to watch. I finally got to compete! The barn where I have taken riding lessons hosted a schooling show. I heard about it and knew I just had to do it. It was my first time competing english and only the second show I've ever done. I must say I absolutely loved doing it. I was a little nervous that morning and watching the classes before me. The show started at 11a.m but my classes didn't start until 2. But when I was finally able to go tack up Night and get on her all the nervousness went away. Once I was actually on her back I was completely relaxed. Which is a little amazing I suppose. But its true. I was just feeling relaxed and excited. I was happy to be there and couldn't wait to get into the ring. Anyways, I rode Night and we were entered into 4 classes. Walk/Trot Equitation, Walk/Trot Pleasure, Walk/Trot over Poles, and Walk/Trot Pattern. I think we did the best in Walk/Trot Equitation. That class just felt like the most consistent. Though I think we did pretty well in all our classes. In the equitation class there were about 12 riders. It was a pretty big class. Night did wonderful and I was really proud of her. I was very happy when we placed 3rd.

 Our next class was the Pleasure one. We did good in this one too. Our only thing with this one is that it had a ton of riders as well and we accidentally got stuck between some of them and had to work our way out. But we figured it out in the end and it worked. We also placed 3rd again. The next class was basically the same except that there were poles that you were supposed to do two point over at the trot. Working on doing two point over poles was relatively new for us so considering that I think we did really well. We once again placed 3rd.

 And then our last class consisted of a pattern. The pattern had you walking, trotting, and back up. With of course some lines and circles around cones in there. Kinda funny, I think this was our worst class. For some reason Night decided she wouldn't trot in a straight line, and I had a hard time getting the correct diagonal. The funny bit is that we placed 2nd. Everyone did worse than I did. lol.
So over all I ended up placing in all four of my classes, and I took home three 3rd place ribbons and one 2nd. It was an awesome day. I had so much fun. I was so proud of Night. She did really great and we worked well together. She really is a great horse. I loved being able to compete in my first english show and I don't think it will be my last.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm actually on Blogger for once!!! :D I really enjoyed reading about your show. Do you have plans to be in any more any time soon? Say hi to Mya and Lady for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to take Mya to some local shows this summer.

      Delete