Friday, November 7, 2014

Bridle Review | Suffolk Fancy Snaffle Bridle

From the Dover website.
"Combining quality with a budget-friendly price, the Suffolk™ Fancy Snaffle Bridle is traditionally-styled and finished with lovely stitching. It's crafted of rich brown leather and features a padded nose and brow for horse comfort. Matching laced reins are included."

I bought this bridle for Mya because she needed a good english one, and it wasn't super pricey. I had already gone through two other bridles. One was too small (but actually fits Lady perfectly so she wears it now), and the other one broke after two uses. (The moral of the story there is be cautious when buying a bridle off of Ebay.) So by now I just wanted a good quality bridle that would work. I did a little research and I found a lot of people that recommended a bridle off of the Dover Saddlery website. 

 Its called the Suffolk Fancy Snaffle Bridle, and currently it is priced at $49.99. 

(But when I ordered mine it was on sale so I think I got it for $32. So hurray for good sales!)


The shipping was great and didn't take hardly any time at all to arrive. When it did arrive I had to assemble it which was a little confusing. But I think just about any bridle comes like that and I did figure it out eventually. 

One of the main things I really like about this bridle is how the leather is soft, and it is padded around the nose-band and brow-band. So worries about is rubbing off your horse's hair!

It looks really great on Mya. For a non-expensive bridle it looks amazing! It has a pretty and elegant look to it. Its a great bridle for everyday use, and I think it looks good enough that you could use it in a show too! I really like it and have been impressed. The Suffolk bridle has also held up really well. The only thing that had broken or cracked on it had been one of those tiny things that catch the ends of the straps. But this doesn't affect the use of the bridle at all.

So if you are looking for a good quality bridle that won't break the bank, I totally recommend this one!  


Suffolk™ Fancy Snaffle Bridle

4 comments:

  1. glad it's working out for you! my bridle is frankensteined together from lots of different parts.... one day i will eventually buy a nice new one that matches lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first bridle I bought for my last horse, and I absolutely loved it. Really great product for the price!

    ReplyDelete