Thursday, November 6, 2014

Vet Visit

Vet check: complete. But of course there are the details...

Quite honestly the day started badly. I woke up sick. No one likes being sick, particularly me. But it was just one of those days. The vet was scheduled to come out at noon. And he arrived a little before schedule. I missed the first part of his visit, but my mom said he looked Mya over and listened to her heart. Then he examined her nose. Which is the reason he came in the first place. Mya had been having nose bleeds. He came to the conclusion that Mya has a respiratory infection. (He did notice the white line in her feet and recommended a farrier that could fix that) But other than that he said I had a good looking horse. I was really encouraged by that.

He prescribed two medicines for her. One was something for her respiratory system to open up her air ways. And the other was antibiotics to get rid of the infection. Both are powders that go in her food. A scoop of each twice a day. (One actually smells kind of like cake batter lol) I mix the powders in her feed with a little bit of Applesauce to make sure she eats it all.

The vet also drew her blood for a coggins test. Mya didn't even bat an eye at that. She such a brave girl! So all together I think it was a pretty successful vet visit!

 (Sorry no pictures. I'll try to post some new ones soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment