Thursday, November 20, 2014

November's 10 Questions

Here we are once again doing the ten questions of the month!

1. Have you ever owned a horse? 
Yes! My two girls. 
 


2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? 
I ride a lot of different disciplines. I learned gaited, then I did western, and then I learned to ride english. English has been my favorite. More specifically I like hunters. I haven't had much of a chance to explore hunter jumper, but I'm hoping that in the future I will be able to. What I like about english riding is how technical it is. I also like the forward movement and way of riding the horse. 
 


3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? 
Why is there not specific trainers that do natural horsemanship for english riders? I really want english natural horsemanship! Does anyone know of any materiel out there one this topic? 


4. Do you do barn chores?
Yup. I keep my horses at my house. So everyday. 

5. What is your least favorite barn chore? 
Stacking hay. Big hay bale. Small person. Large stack. 



6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse?
Bolting. Horses that bolt can just be dangerous. 


7. What saddle brand is your favorite? 

I don't think I really have a favorite. Whatever I can find that works is good with me.

8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? 
No. I don't clip my horses, so they are nice and warm.

9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? 
Sometimes I put polo wraps on her but not boots. We haven't needed them yet. 


10. Full seat or knee patch breeches?
I prefer knee patch. Honestly I just like how they look. 

4 comments:

  1. the natural horsemanship pros around me will teach riders regardless of what style saddle they use... but they're probably not getting into advanced dressage or jumping. not really sure why

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lady near my girls' breeder that trains hunter/jumpers but does a ton of NH stuff with them. One of the ponies was jumping a good size course with no bridle by the end of a couple of months. They're out there! I know some people have a hatred of western dressage, but some of those coaches teach more NH principles and also have a strong english riding background - one I know did dressage/eventing before switching to reining and now specializing in western dressage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty neat! It must just be where I live that we don't have stuff like that.

      Delete
  3. I thought it was because NH was not necessarily discipline specific.

    ReplyDelete